Tuesday 17 April 2012

Fancynation

OK, so I have to write about whoever I am passionate about... Oww. I don't watch many films so cinematography is out. An artist? No idea. Cartoon character? As far as I know, I tended to prefer TV quizzes to cartoons in my childhood. It is music that is left. So let's browse the music folder...

It is hard to choose one band or one singer who I am strongly impressed by. I like listening to a few bands; moreover, I think my music taste is still evolving. This is why I've decided to set "memories" as the criterion for such choice. I mean I will present the artists whose works evoke significant memories in me. In fact, these are often memories about someone, rather than something.

 The first band I listened to for a long, long time is Blink 182. It's an American pop-punk band, whose music my uncle once called "college rock". He foretold me that I will grow out of them. And to some extent he was right. I don't remember much about how I got to know about them. It was probably my classmate who "infected me" with Blink 182. Their music is not the mastery of composition, three simple chords, lyrics not extrapoetic. But it's light, joyful, funny and energetic. It's just catchy and it improves mood.

The band suspended their activity in 2005 and its members started their own projects: Plus 44 and Angels & Airwaves. Fortunately, their reunited this year and recorded a new album. I think we can now safely call them "college boys approaching their 40s". Below there are their old song ("What's my age again") and one from the latest album ("Up all night").



 

I said the bands will remind me of something or, more probably, someone. Blink 182 doesn't count among them ;) But Placebo and Muse do. Placebo I discovered either my accident or thanks to my sister. I'm also not sure. Irrespective of this, it certainly plays a part in my life. Brian Molko, the frontman of Placebo, has a voice which absorbs you, which is unique, as is all their music, after all. The songs by Placebo are emotional, profound, and sincere. They have inimitable climate. And the words "Just 19, a sucker's dream" accompany me sometimes even at present, although I am no longer 19.

 

Af far as Muse is concerned, I know them thanks to my friend. And I won't elaborate on their music. The reason for which I appreciate them is more or less the same as with Placebo. They just suit my emo spirit ;) The only difference is that some songs by them I virtually associate with one person. 
 

It's got sentimental, hasn't it?

1 comment:

  1. This song rocks!!! I admire them, didn't know you like them too, weren't you the one who criticized me for listening to their music?:D

    ReplyDelete